Monday, July 21, 2008

Blogger's Shortcomings

To say the least, I am pretty disappointed in blogger so far.

I can not add more tags - so if I post a 4 page tutorial (like the post just before this one) - my homepage is destroyed, rather than just showing a paragraph of the post and then a link to read the rest if you are interested.

The back end editor is quite sad. I try to add code a lot. There is almost no easy way to get code to format correctly. <pre> tags don't seem to always work, and they have no convenient <code> tag.

There is no way to add files. There is no nice upload interface or such. Come on - it's Google. Can't they even register your blog an email address and use that room as storage?


Ill be switching back to wordpress as soon as I get a chance.

~unhappy
hamy


PS - I do like the way blogger handles comments. Thats it.

1 comment:

Ben Gotow said...

Ahh dude that sucks- you should definitely look into Wordpress. I've been pretty happy with it. It takes some setup, but after that it's pretty sweet.

BTW. I found this sweet plugin that does code highlighting on the fly - so you can drop code in your posts and it shows it nicely:
http://code.google.com/p/syntaxhighlighter/